Many of our clients ask us, what is SEO, and do I need to worry about it?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization and the short answer is, YES, you need to worry about it! But at DBS, we appreciate the time and budgetary constraints small businesses face, so we strip away the complexity and costs that revolve around SEO and present the most viable options for each client.
SEO is the process of driving customers to your website from search engines such as Google, Bing, Yahoo and others. Search engines decide what are the best answers to questions, or single word or multiple word searches. Your business’s website must do whatever it can to make sure your company shows in the top results—that your company is the best answer.
Your website will most likely be one of your bigger marketing investments. At DBS we know that for a small business there are SEO options which will give you the best return for that investment.
- The Website itself– it must be well-structured and mobile friendly
- The Content on your website – it should be concise and explain why a consumer should choose your company
- Content Marketing – more and fresh content sells better and captures more search returns, so options like informational blog posts will allow your company to be seen by a larger audience
- Every specific page on your website or On-Page SEO – once your site is built, you will need to optimize each page on your website, so it can be found. Most search returns do not land on the homepage!
- Local Aggregators sites, such as Google My Business, Yelp or Yellow Pages – also called Local SEO – These are best for brick and mortar businesses or local service-based businesses, but Local SEO can help your business stand out in search engine results.
- Tapping into other websites that point back to your website for Building Authority around your site– creating interest that allows your site to build relationships with high authoritative websites that will point back to your website strengthens your site’s SEO